Monday, December 4, 2017

Going to Bollywood


Things have been busy with Bollywood dance classes and events.

I have been talking about these classes a lot. Thinking about them makes me grin like an idiot so my mouth is already open. Here is how it all happened.

I watched this Bollywood movie.
One of my friends was like, “That was okay...”.
Out loud I was like, "Right..."
          and my heart was like, “That was wonderful."

I watched it again on an airplane and thought, "I love this and want to listen to Bollywood music until the end of time” and bought the DVD.

Then I wondered, “Oh goodness. What if there are Bollywood dance classes in the Twin Cities?”

It turns out there are! And everyone is having a wonderful time.
















A lot of the moves are similar to hip hop, but more forgiving. Hip hop requires swagger and street cred conviction, and is therefore not an option for some people. I look moronic trying to swagger due to a lack of anything remotely resembling street cred conviction.

Consider this conversation:

     Streetwise person: says something appropriately cred

     Me: umm... yes... heeheehee

Anyway, Bollywood is very cheery and encourages bouncy happiness. It is difficult, but don't be discouraged if your dancing skills lean towards bobble head character, because that's a real Bollywood move (not official terminology).

Most important is the joy. Being sad during Bollywood is like being mad about miniature ponies. Which is not how emotions work.

There's even a YouTube channel.

So go, dance like no one is watching.

I mean, people are watching. But tell yourself whatever you need to.


No comments:

Post a Comment