Friday, June 1, 2012

Technorchestra

So I was listening to some techno at work... 

(I thought this would make me drink more coffee, but techno is actually a caffeine substitute. You just sit at your desk half way *insert-cool-words-to-describe-how-people-move-to-techno*-ing, totally forgetting about your caffeine headache.)

... and all of a sudden I hear this track.

Tiesto Adagio for Strings

"Is that what I think it is?"

"Yes, that is definitely Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings, woven into a techno track. Or a techno track woven into SBAFS.  Whatevs."

I think it's cool.

True, classical--other types of music fusions are as old as the hills, but I just discovered this one so the question resurfaces: Artistic license or butchery of a masterpiece?

Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings - BBC Orchestra

No comments:

Post a Comment